4.1K views
2.0

For the reason below, it's clear these people shouldn't be trusted with money.

I donated funds to help a friend's sick kid. I wanted it to be anonymous, and the YouCaring.com website had that option.

I also separately donated $15 to YouCaring.com

I was contacted by my friend to thank me for my donation.

I was furious that it wasn't anonymous and contact YouCaring.com, which offered a lame apology. I told them I wanted my $15 gift to them refunded.

Instead, they email to tell me they've refunded the gift I made to my friend! Meanwhile, he gets a notice telling him the money is going to be pulled from his bank account. He calls me in a panic, telling me that it will cause checks to bounce, etc.

I send YouCaring.com an email, explaining the situation and asking them to call me to work it out. Instead, they send me a cryptic email with no assurances that the refund will be canceled, or what their intentions are.

As a result, I end up going to an ATM late at night to take out money, and meet up with my friend to give it to him in person, so he can deposit into his bank account and avoid bouncing checks.

Keep in mind, this was supposed to be my anonymous gift to help him out and help alleviate the stress of a sick kid.

Ultimately, I get another email response from YouCaring.com, indicating that they don't offer phone support. There's apparently no one there who owns a cell phone they could have lent them either.

Tonight, I called my bank to dispute the charge. They said they have no record of a refund of my contribution.

YouCaring.com is both incompetent and careless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Youcaring Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Concept.

I didn't like: Any aspect of their service.

Comments

Youcaring did make your donation anonymous. The payer site that they use (WePay) gives the name of the person who gave.

I have a fundraiser up and found this to be the case.

I would never think that in 1000 years people would be upset because I acknowledged their generous gift. You sound like you and your petty $15 need to get over yourself.

Santa Clara, California, United States #930730

YouCaring Dot Com, LLC

(415) 834-5792

49 Geary St STE 235, San Francisco, CA 94108-5728

Ask for Michelle Mayer

Claremont, California, United States #906633

I agree with Dexter2005, this person caused a lot of trouble for not reading clearly and even Gofundme & others are the same, it's anonymous to the others, not to the recipient. Geez, who was careless for misunderstanding?

Tracy, California, United States #886288

First off it is only anonymous to the other people donating. And it clearly tells you that when you donate, Only the family or person your donating to will see who is donating.