1.2K views
2.0
Additional Fees

I tried to give to someone on youcaring.com today, and they kept tacking on an extra "recommended amount" to the amount I wanted to give.I couldn't find any way to opt out of this fee or even change it.

I started a chat with someone named Joey, who didn't really answer my question, just sent me a link to an article about how to edit an amount. Sorry, but I don't see much difference between a fee that is deducted from the amount you want to give or one that is charged in excess of that amount. The only difference is that the recipient gets more money with the latter, i.e. the giver is paying the fee instead of the recipient.

These people aren't getting any money from me.I'll find another way to give.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "misrepresentation of services" of youcaring website. YouCaring needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned youcaring website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at YouCaring.

Had an Experience with YouCaring?

Comments

Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States #1271376

Wonder how much profit they make from other's misfortunes?I donated $20 and had to pay the recommended $2.50 and there was no way to opt out.

That's 12 1/2 percent. Should not be more than 5 percent. No box to opt out. They are really greedy __________________fill in blank.

Do they have an IRS statement?

Where is their company based?Too many unknowns.

Burlington, Wisconsin, United States #1224027

I clicked on the amount, chose "Other" and changed it to 0.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand #1206076

To remove the fee, click "$1:00 to YouCaring (recommended)" then select "other amount" and type zero into the box.