1.6K views

I went to the YourCaring site to make a donation to my neighbor's son's children's education fund. After I typed in the amount of my donation, up pops a box "suggesting" that I donate another $12 to YourCaring.

The dropdown menu attached to the donation to YourCaring did not offer an option to give nothing, only a range of suggested donation amounts. Considering the YourCaring site makes a point of communicating that YourCaring does not charge any fees, forcing good hearted donors to make a "donation" to YourCaring as the cost of making a free will donation to a freely chosen cause impresses me as unethical and downright immoral. If this extorted "donation" isn't a fee, I'm not sure what it is. It's certainly not a free will donation.

The YourCaring web site does not even have a Customer Service link or email address. The company is clearly attempting to make it so difficult for donors to contact them, that donors give up and YourCaring collects the forced "donation." It's disgusting.

I have to wonder if the people who use YourCaring for their fundraisers realize that the folks who donate to their causes out of the goodness of their hearts are being scammed by YourCaring. I'm guessing they have no idea that they are unwitting partners in YourCaring's extortion.

Product or Service Mentioned: Youcaring Customer Care.

Reason of review: Extortion of fees called "donations" to YourCaring; lack of transparency; no customer service email or phone number.

Preferred solution: Honesty, transparency, abilty to opt out of "donating" to YourCaring, listing customer service email/phone number on web site..

I didn't like: Being forced to donate to youcaring.

• No Customer Service Contact Info
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 22, 2017.

Comments

I gave 100 and got charged 15. There was nowhere it said that I was going to be charged that and the dintation bit to you caring was blank- so where did the 15 come from?

They charged me 15.00 on a 100.00 donation!! Thats a huge service fee. Oh well, they won't get me again!

Midlothian, Virginia, United States #1341706

What it doesnt show you when you donate is the amount they take out of your donation to a fund raiser

It states clearly when someone signs up that the ones donating are charged the fee.

That option should be shown up front. As it is, you feel that you must pay what has been "suggested".

Fresno, California, United States #1313513

Yes There is a option to change amount. Just erase when you click other amount..

Look closer at the screen, there is an option to change the amount.